After our 4 day weekend last week, this regular ol' 2 day-er was just too short, too packed, and this Sunday has not been the day of rest and rejuvenation it should be. It's only 3:08 pm, and Darin has taken the kiddos on an adventure so perhaps the evening will be better. Maybe the confrontations I want to have with people but won't actually have will now stop swirling around in my head, maybe my headache will go away, maybe I will be able to let go of the things that pricked me today. Maybe. Actually, I am going to be optimistic and say probably. Things are already looking up. I am alone, I am going to turn on some music, clean up the kitchen, and make soup.
Saturday was my turn to drive ski group. We woke up to fresh powder and snow coming down all day.
The boys all had Klondike, and the other 3 girls decided they wanted to sleep in so it was a small group. One of the other dads decided to grab a ride, and another neighborhood teenager hitched a ride back home so we were full by the time the day ended.
These girls braved the snowy conditions and were rewarded with perfect Utah powder but thats not all, a very nice man who shared our table, gave them his giant chocolate chip cookie.
We came home to find the boys out enjoying the cold stuff too!
Darin had shoveled twice during the day.
That evening Miriam had ballroom performance at the Winter Homeschooling Conference Ball at Weber State. So, we attended our second holiday ball of the year. Soren and I learned the 2 step during the teaching portion and then we enjoyed all the ballroom dances again. No photos...not sure what my problem is but I forgot to take photos!
We are going into a full the the brim week which includes a huge Lion King meeting, and 2 days of all-day training for me. Just going to take it one day at a time.


