We only had 2 days at home before we were on the road to Price again so the break went by quickly! Darin took Miriam and a friend to use their ski passes, while the boys and I met friends at the swimming pool. The next day the boys had an all-day play date with those same friends while Miriam went to a sledding party.
We have all been eating whatever we want-whenever we want, the kids have built Legos, played on the Pringle, and watched 2 back seasons of survivor. Oh! and we also had a fun visit with Alicia and Mike.
You know what we didn't do: put away any Christmas decorations (we barely cleaned up wrapping paper!), any suggested reading from teachers, piano/cello practicing, meal planning, meal cooking, resolution making, year-end contemplation, or Chinese practice. We have been in serious break mode. It's really unlike me to be so unstructured during time off school....I guess I needed the biggest break of all. Tuesday will be painful...but I try not to think about that.
Thursday little B got some stomach thing so we put off going down to Price as long as possible to see if he would feel better. No dice, the poor guy was miserable the whole 2 hour trip. It was heart breaking, especially when he would apologize over and over about making the trip hard. We made it down to take family pictures (he may be slightly grey in the photos) but the rest of the reception he and Darin spent quarantined at my parents house.
Again, my SIL Kelly pulled out her mad decorating skills so it was unique and beautiful.
I didn't get a photo but all the tables had stacks of antique books along with some foliage. Books are a perfect decoration for Mark (and Erik...they were actually his books). Really good food, and I got to talk to aunt uncles and cousins I hardly ever see.
Mark and Esme in Korean Hanboks
Helping with the take-down afterwards.
Luckily no one else got struck with the bug all weekend.



