While the rest of the Spring Breakers in the state drove on through to Moab we stopped in Price.
Cirque du Soleil style dancing for Erik's birthday BBQ. It was warm when were were working in Grandma's yard all afternoon, but turned cold during the BBQ so we had to bring it inside. This dance had to be choreographed twice...once on the trampoline and once in Erik's basement.
Carbon County isn't on Spring Break at the moment, and none of the cousins could ditch school this week because they are all missing the end of the week for a dance competition.
But Grandpa ditched work to come along for an adventure.
We did the Wild Horse part of the Little Wild Horse/Bell Canyon loop.
There were parts where we had to take off our socks and wade through some freezing cold water.
It was an adventure for sure.
We decided to stop, and have a snack at this point. The water would have gone up to Soren's waist so we turned back...which was difficult at this point because it was getting so busy with other Spring Breaker hikers!! I had thought coming on a Tuesday would help with the crowd control...and it probably did a bit, but I was still shocked with the number of people there. The weekends must be a madhouse.
Goblin Valley is too close not to stop by even though it was windy (just like every other visit I have ever made in the Spring).
This guy was all alone in the middle of all the goblins....no other vegetation in sight.
It just delighted me.
Then the kids scampered around. I say this EVERY time we go, but we really do need to remember to bring walkie talkies so I feel more comfortable letting the kids wonder to their hearts content while I find a nice soft Goblin for shade and a wind shield.
Byron could have used a couple more hours there but the rest of us were tired and hungry.
Dad took us to Ray's Tavern in Green River for juicy cheese burgers. I think they are legit good burgers but I can't tell you for sure because everything tastes so fantastic after hiking in the desert.
(this selfie was me showing my friend Ris that we were hanging in her hometown...Ris and I are total small town girls)
I loved driving with my dad, listening to his stories about the area.
My parents and I went to my niece Ali's choir concert that evening. Lots of the teachers I had in Jr. High are still teaching, in fact the choir teacher Mr. Hoyt's first year was my first year at Mont Harmon. It was also fun picking out some of my classmates children. I spotted Mary's little girl right away, we made lunch plans for lunch the next day. So fun to hang out with my bestie from jr high/high school. We were 40 going on 16 for the day.
This girl is a determined little bugger when she wants to be.
She spent the end of Wednesday, and half the day Thursday pulling out bushes in the back yard.
She is also taking care of a few neighbors pets for the weekend, and babysat for 3 hours. If she decides she wants something there is no stopping her. I forgot to mention that she made both the Musical Theatre class and Concert Choir before Spring Break while healing from hand foot and mouth, and then getting a cold. She worked her tail off.
These boys did some work of their own. My mom gave us a sifter while we were in Price so I put them to work. They earned the shipping and handling to get ants for Byron's ant farm and a trip to Menchies that evening.
One of Byron's friends joined us for a hike up in the Centerville hills and then a whole afternoon of playing outside (with a bit of Minecraft thrown in). It looks like Thursday will be our last sunshine day of the break....so glad we took advantage of it!
We all came back a bit sun kissed.
























