How fun of the sun to end summer with an eclipse!
Miriam watched during her lunch break at school, Darin had training in Centerville this week so he came home for lunch to watch with us.
We had prepared for the eclipse by visiting the Clark Planetarium and watching the Dome Theatre "Eclipse of the Sun" presentation. It was so fun, but after watching the presentation Byron never quite got over the fact that we were only going to see 92% eclipse. I told him this was a warm up for the next one that comes along. Chile, I heard is the next spot so he will need to save his money.
92% was pretty spectacular if you ask me.
The last day of freedom for the boys and I was Tuesday. While Miriam was at school all day, we met Utah County friends at the new splash pad in Bluffdale. A fun adventure for the boys to end their summer on, and I badly needed to be with friends this week....I have been living on the edge of sanity in my head for awhile now. I always need to process through my experiences to get rid of my anxieties. So grateful I have friends who love and support without judgement. Much needed outing....for all of us.
Wednesday...School is officially in session for the whole family. I love working at the school, but back to school fear and dread extends to the people who run the school as well as those who attend. I just had to take the advice I give to the kids....don't think about it too much, go into autopilot and show up.
The last day of freedom for the boys and I was Tuesday. While Miriam was at school all day, we met Utah County friends at the new splash pad in Bluffdale. A fun adventure for the boys to end their summer on, and I badly needed to be with friends this week....I have been living on the edge of sanity in my head for awhile now. I always need to process through my experiences to get rid of my anxieties. So grateful I have friends who love and support without judgement. Much needed outing....for all of us.
Wednesday...School is officially in session for the whole family. I love working at the school, but back to school fear and dread extends to the people who run the school as well as those who attend. I just had to take the advice I give to the kids....don't think about it too much, go into autopilot and show up.
We've had three days of early outs to start out the year. I am a bit afraid about how exhausted I am from this 3 day, early out, week. Our mornings are so packed we have no margin for error. I am up by 5:45 to get a tiny bit of exercise in before getting M ready and off, then getting the boys and I ready + get practicing done. I hope I can keep all the balls I am juggling up in the air but, honestly I am REALLY to-the-bone tired (haven't slept well all week) so we will just have to see how this year evolves and progresses.
Taking it one day at a time at this point (autopilot...just showing up...all that).
The good:
Miriam LOVES her new school so far. Interesting classes, supportive teachers, good opportunities. The 15 min drive to and from seem to be been worth it (especially since Darin drives her to on his way to work hoo-rah!)
The boys have fun supportive teachers. Soren has the same Chinese teacher he had in kindergarten....a very energetic innovative teacher he already knows. Byron's teachers in three days have won his heart. All but one of his good friends were put in the other class, which was a blow on the first day, but the teachers have made that experience more than bearable. I am confident he will thrive and make some new friendships.
Taking it one day at a time at this point (autopilot...just showing up...all that).
The good:
Miriam LOVES her new school so far. Interesting classes, supportive teachers, good opportunities. The 15 min drive to and from seem to be been worth it (especially since Darin drives her to on his way to work hoo-rah!)
The boys have fun supportive teachers. Soren has the same Chinese teacher he had in kindergarten....a very energetic innovative teacher he already knows. Byron's teachers in three days have won his heart. All but one of his good friends were put in the other class, which was a blow on the first day, but the teachers have made that experience more than bearable. I am confident he will thrive and make some new friendships.






