A few years ago my birthday was pretty lame. We were moving, school was starting (that is a constant) and there was just not time, money or energy to celebrate that year. So I declared that the next year I wanted to go on a zip line and ride a gondola for my birthday. Well, that very next birthday we were in Zion Ponderosa visiting Craig and Lisa and low and behold they had $5 nighttime zip line rides. This year the gondola (well tram....basically the same thing) happened! The lesson here is that you just have to be patient with the universe when you want something.
When bought the Utah Pass last Christmas I printed out a tentative schedule of when we would go to the museums and attractions. I didn't even know the Snowbird tram ride was included but I put that in August right on my birthday!
The tram was delightful!
The views were amazing.
August snow
Summer wildflowers
A longer hike than we anticipated. 2 miles longer, this is a photo of Darin showing Soren how far we had come. That cute boy started struggling at the end but then Darin came through with the motivation.
We had a fun Mexican dinner at El Chanate. Octoberfest was going on so we could have grabbed food anywhere but I wanted to sit and be waited on for my birthday. It was fun to see the alpine horns and listen to the music. I for sure want to go back sometime.
So....41. It feels a whole lot like 40 which feels like 23. I don't look 23 but thats how I feel in my head.













