Saturday, February 17, 2018

4th Grade Utah Program + Cubs + Hiking in February?!

With the new Cub age change Soren became a Wolf....well he hasn't yet received his Bobcat award but he did finish it. At the Blue and Gold Banquet he won the "on-time award" in the drawing. Lucky! Byron is a Webelo...still enjoys it.




4th grade is awesome in Utah! 4th graders and their families get free National Parks passes for the year and the 4th grade program is always all about how Utah was settled.  
I was so impressed with J.P. Stewarts program because all the groups that settled Utah got equal song time: Native American Tribes, trappers, Spanish explorers, Mormon Pioneers and all the immigrants who worked on the railroad and coal mines. Sometimes we only hear 1 story about the state when it really is a a whole conglomerate of cool stories. This Carbon County girl gets a bit sensitive about that.
Byron's favorite part was the military medley but I loved the Chinese song and "America's Greatest Hero"....when Byron came home sining that last month I got so excited!!!
We've been singing "Believe it or not I'm walking on air....I never thought I could feel so Free-ee-ee" ever since. OH THE MEMORIES! 




Since Miriam's school was out early all week, the whole family got to watch the show! 


This weather...it's crazy, my shoes don't even get muddy hiking in the hills. 
I love it up there.