Monday, February 26, 2018

Utah Classic

Don't get me wrong...I am ecstatic about the snow we got. It is beautiful, fluffy, perfect Utah snow but it came on a difficult day.  I needed to run Miriam to a few practices including a ballroom dance practice in a church on the mountainside with a totally unplowed parking lot (which I have to admit was delightful but also scary) and I slid a yard or two down a steep road on the way home.  When I got home I found a firetruck parked by my driveway. It was actually for someone up the street, the truck just couldn't make it up the snowy road so the firemen jumped out and ran up the street. Then...a few minuets later a snowplow with police lights came. 


Next morning at 5:00 I woke Miriam up to get her ready and up to Hyrum for the Utah Classic. Super fun competition...their samba took 1st, I think their group dance was second? hard to keep track.



M and her friend Josh participated in the swing syllabus.  They made it to the semi finals!!


Cute M and Maddie cheering on their friends dancing on the floor.


M Logan, Max & Maddie along with some other couples from their team competed in a Latin Open.  
I think only couples from one specific studio went on, but it was so fun to watch them all dance their hearts out. I was proud of how hard Miriam had worked on her choreography and how hard her and Logan worked to perfect it.




It was a loooong day, first dance was at 8:00 am the Latin Open was around 8:00 pm and then Miriam and braved Sardine Canyon as the snow started up again. We had to go about 45 mph the whole way but finally made home. Long hard good fun snowy day!