Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Just Stuff

Byron earned his Arrow of Light!
Byron really does love scouting. 


With 2 new bikes in our garage we needed to address the storage situation STAT.
Darin had a Friday off which he spent in the basement epoxying PVC pipe.  Saturday he and I took a quick mountain bike trip on Firebreak.   We came home, cleaned out one side of the garage and brought out the chaos solution!


I LOVE it, and we can add other bikes in if/when we need.


Then we were off to the Rasmussen Reunion.  
My dad, Aunt Helen, Cousin (who feels like Aunt) Maureen, and their great friends the Mathis family shared beautiful stories of my Great Grandparents.  So fun to see cousins and connect our children.


Soren was the only Wolf attending Cub Camp so I offered to go rather than have his leader (who would need to get a babysitter) go with him.  Such a beautiful area! So many butterflies fluttering all over...and wild flowers galore (but I didn't dare go take photos because I would have to leave the path and those Scout Leaders were very strict with the rules!!)

Soren's favorite parts were archery, fishing, the trading post and the obstacle course.  He wants to try bee bee gun shooting without a power hungry hormonal teen barking warnings at his back.  We all loved canoeing with a muskrat!