Wednesday, January 01, 2025

2025 -The Beginning....again


"Life is amazing. And then it's awful. And then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and awful it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life. And it's breathtakingly beautiful. -L.R. Knost

I am rethinking about how to record my ordinary, mundane, breathtakingly beautiful little life. Instagram and facebook has been easy and alluring, but I so easily get sucked into all the minutia: the news, beauty products, drama, vacations...sucked into others lives and away from my own. I am feeling a pull inward. A pull to slow down my brain. Act, think, move and eat in a more mindful way. I also want to document my life in some organized way, and my favorite part is the photos. So I have come back to good old fashion blogging. I am sad and a little anxious about the huge gaping holes in time here, and I am not certain I can keep it up this go around. I can only try. That's all I can promise, just try.

And I will start with today.

January 1st: french toast with Darin and the boys, then I took Orion on a long hike in the hills (just a little bit of trespassing). The boys were on a bike ride when I got home, and Darin deep into building a new money organization system we have much needed. He has read, and I am reading "Your Money or Your Life". Very good. I have needed a re-evaluation of what my life goals are, and what our goals as a couple are, the book has been a good catalyst for thought. It's so easy to fall into patterns, and to just do what culture tells us to do.

I put away Christmas, read a little about China civilization (upcoming trip research), took a nap and then made fondue dinner. We invited Helena to join in. Miriam is in Utah County, working all week, and hanging out with her Will & friends in the evenings. Last night Byron went to ring in the New Year with friends. Soren invited 4 boys here for a D&D session and firepit in the backyard. Darin and I are both exhausted, he more than I because he is still going to work everyday over the break and worried about his parents who are needing so much more support than ever before. Neither of us felt any urge to celebrate, but since we couldn't leave 14 year olds with a fire pit alone, I stayed up to watch a 1977 BBC version of Anna Karenina. I read it last year and loved it, I wondered if I had completely comprehend the political and social themes of the book. According to the mini series I did, which makes me happy. It's wasn't easy reading.