New Years Eve plans - Byron went out with friends somewhere, Soren had four friends over for D&D, firepit dinner and sparklers. Darin went to bed early, and I watched Anna Karenina and waited till the New Year was rung in to make sure everyone got home and the fire was put out.
Mirissa was gifted some tickets to the Jazz Game. So fun to hang out with the ladies in the Toyota Club. Jazz lost but we won.
Some truly amazing sunsets this month. As well as some great star gazing. Mars, Venus, Jupiter were all in their glory. I still love our window filled living room where I get to keep tabs on the sunsets almost nightly.
Byron achieved 3rd place for his division in the State Cyclocross races. Combo of placement and getting yourself to every single race, even when the weather is awful. Loved his grit, sacrifice and determination.
He then won $50 in the raffle, lucky guy.
This came in the mail this month. Such a fun reminder of Newsies.
I remember worrying so much if Soren could handle a main stage show, he is so young in these photos!
Yes, yes he can, he was scared and it was hard but he did it anyway.
Although so many wonderful events have taken place, this month has felt very long and hard. Donald Trump was sworn in on January 6th, and it's been a circus government ever since. I want to believe that he can't actually, legally do the things he is threatening. He is a horrible example of civility and leadership, putting in the least qualified people for every office, and is on track to be the most immoral president since Andrew Jackson. I hope I am wrong on this, but things are very dicey and exhausting at the moment.
Hoping February can bring in some love. Things start out with Miriam's birthday!