Happy Birthday Mom!
My mom is wonderful...she actually just left my house an hour ago after taking Miriam out for the evening so I could nap and get some stuff done. Very nice!
"A mother is a woman who shows you the light when you just see the dark"
- Grimaldos Robin
My mom is always thinking of our family. She is not one to smother you with hugs and kisses (except for toddler aged grandchildren...she loves that age). However, if you even mention being interested in something, or want to accomplish something she is right there helping in any way she can. Almost everything I have accomplished in my life has been done with my mom right there by my side, encouraging in every way. Sometime I will have to blog in detail about my rough chunky adolescent years just to give some ideas to other mothers dealing with girls that age because she single handedly pulled me through those years with my self esteem intact.
My mom is wonderful...she actually just left my house an hour ago after taking Miriam out for the evening so I could nap and get some stuff done. Very nice!
"A mother is a woman who shows you the light when you just see the dark"
- Grimaldos Robin
My mom is always thinking of our family. She is not one to smother you with hugs and kisses (except for toddler aged grandchildren...she loves that age). However, if you even mention being interested in something, or want to accomplish something she is right there helping in any way she can. Almost everything I have accomplished in my life has been done with my mom right there by my side, encouraging in every way. Sometime I will have to blog in detail about my rough chunky adolescent years just to give some ideas to other mothers dealing with girls that age because she single handedly pulled me through those years with my self esteem intact.
-T. DeWitt Talmage
Unfortunately, this is completely the case for me. My mom has always been the first person I want to talk to when I have been hurt, embarrassed, or feel just plan awful. I remember on my mission I had a BAD case of the flu, I saw the phone and so dearly wanted to call my mom. I just wanted to tell her I was sick and hang up...just let her know, how silly is that? I think all my brothers and sisters are the same so my mom deals with lots of hurts and worries!
My mom was a fun mom, and is a fun Grandma. She is always thinking of what will entertain the Grandkids at family gatherings. Get muddy, splash in puddles, finger paint with your pudding...my mom is all for it! In fact, for her birthday this year she wanted to celebrate with the grandkids, whether or not the adults came was optional.