Some people view the term "Geek" with a negative connotation. Are they jealous of your knowledge and skills, perhaps? We certainly think so.
I may very well be a "nerd" but unfortunately I am not a geek. I am however, in LOVE with one!! My hubby is a HUGE geek. I am so unintelligent when it comes to technology, I couldn't even begin to explain what he knows (or what he does for a living...that is over my head as well). I just know that he fixes every computer problem in both of our families, has built his own computer, takes computers apart and uses pieces of them ( for what? I don't know), and he does drool over everything new in the technology world. If it weren't for my beloved...I certainly wouldn't be blogging.
There are two obstacles that keep me from becoming a geek, #1 it truly does take me a LONG time to learn how to do things on the computer. In order to learn, I need a very patient tutor, I need step by step written instructions, and I need to repeat what I have learned everyday. #2 I am not interested in learning about, or using technology unless I can see a direct and immediate benefit in my daily life. That is why blogging is so great for me. I love blogs and so it has created a desire in me to learn. This is HUGE for me.