Saturday, June 07, 2008

Paddle Festival


We were at Little Dell reservoir today, along with hundreds of other paddle sport enthusiasts. It was fun, even for novice paddlers like ourselves (well...Darin knows what he is doing but I definitely don't).


Darin took a few classes

Miriam had her face painted by Girl Scouts,

painted a fish,

painted another, and another and another

and had her face painted some more. She had to go get a touch up before we left from a crying incident that streaked her butterflies....and then painted another fish.

Darin took her out in a double kayak

Bub was wonderful throughout it all, with a little help from Cheetos, Doritos, and Grandma's Cookies.


Even I ventured out for a bit, but not for long. The races were going to start soon and I didn't want to be in the way (I am not great at steering yet).

We saw all the police cars and tv crews that were there for this, but no one we talked to had any idea what was going on at the time.