Monday, June 30, 2008

The Weekend in Review

Sometimes, I don't bring my camera to places on purpose. I want to enjoy the moment and not worry about lugging it around (our camera is rather large). Inevitably though, I regret not having pictures of my life. That's how I feel about this weekend. My mom picked me up to go down for a visit, and to be the recipient of some household purging she is doing, so the kids and I were visiting family for a few days. Darin picked us up on Saturday to attended one of the nicest weddings I have ever been too (oh how I wish I had my camera for that one).

The Weekend in Review:

Sarah and I took all the kids swimming. The kids were all sufficiently slathered in sun screen because we are good moms. In attempts to "get a little color" Sarah and I are fried.

The kids made these really cute treasure boxes. Sarah works with 4H during the summer so she is a gold mine of resources for kid entertainment (especially chemical reaction sort of things since they are her personal favorite). She had the kids glue ceramic tiles all over these wooden boxes, the tiny tiles are so cool!

I came home with new (old) books and a hand turn wheat grinder from the house purge. I was reading one of my 'book about me' books that my Aunt Leigh had made for me when I was little (the kind where your name and info is inserted in place of the main character's), to Miriam and this flood of memories came back to me. I remember loving the one about a mouse. I remember having it read to me by both my mom and dad, I remembered all the illustrations and everything! It was like a memory lost that suddenly came back to me. Miriam seems to love the book too, and after reading it a second time said "that book is about you, so did all of that really happened to you?" I hesitated wanting to say yes but instead told her it was just a fun story with my name in it.

Darin took his parents canoe down to my parent's cabin and did some solo canoeing. Can you believe that He-Man got the canoe on and off the car by himself?? His muscles are sore but he is pleased and I am impressed.



We've had some visitors lately



Sometimes Bub is quiet enough to watch them for awhile...before he starts barking.
As parents, we don't want to have pets ever, but if we did, I think we'd like a bird.