Saturday, July 19, 2008

Question: Why is Bub wearing an overpriced, much too large Grand Canyon jacket and a diaper?

Answer: He "lost his cookies" on the drive to the Grand Canyon. We didn't have a change of clothes (there goes my Mother of the Year award) and the gift shop didn't carry anything smaller than a size 2T of anything. It was overcast that day with a slight breeze so we settled on the overpriced, but nice jacket. He was so happy we chalked it up to car sickness.

He lost it again outside of Bryce Canyon the next day, and then Miriam joined in the fun all the way home. We stopped twice to clean up horrific messes, and finally just cut the lining out of Bub's car seat. We got into some sort of a groove where I could hold a cup up for Miriam, Darin could quickly pull over, I toss the "stuff" out the window and we keep driving. We finally arrived home around 2:30 am. It's strange moments like that when I realize that I am really truly an adult now.

The strangest thing about the whole experience is the lack of warning. Right before the thrill ride home, both our kids had been laughing and playing at Bryce. Miriam was scampering about wanting to go on "adventures", Bub was laughing and giggling at her antics. We had a wonderful time! We would never have stayed so long if we had known they were so sick!