Thursday, September 04, 2008

It's Bird Week!


I can't believe I forgot my camera (my new small one that fits in my purse) for our highlight of "Bird Week". We went to the Tracy Aviary today. There were so many great photo ops, it was killing me! There was the swarm of ducks and aggressive Canadian geese that surrounded us honking for bread. Miriam started to whimper, Bub squealed in delight (he has never been nipped by a goose) and I was laughingly saying "throw the bread farther away!". There was the persistent peacock who joined us for lunch, thoroughly amusing us, as well as the feather collection Miriam accumulated. The day was mild and so peaceful in the aviary. Loud, with all the squawking birds, but peaceful none the less. I would say our first week of "mom and me" preschool was a success!

The benefit of having pre-school with just Miriam Bub and I is that there will be LOTS and LOTS of field trips.

Although....we did get a call yesterday inviting Miriam to join a special pre-school. We try it out next Monday, then we will decide if it's for her. No matter what, we will continue our home pre-school, I have done way too much work and research to bag it!