Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby Hunger Pains

We went to hold new baby Wyler this weekend. He is so cute it gave me hunger pains. It doesn't help that Julia looks so pretty and serene rather than sleep deprived and chaotic. She makes it look easy, even with a broken ankle.

On the way down we stopped at Cabela's. I needed to pick up gift certificates so it made a fun halfway point for our trip.


We fed the fish, oohed and ahhed over the stuffed wildlife and then settled ourselves on a porch swing to eat some fudge.

One of our main objectives for the trip was to stock Julia's freezer with meals. Kelly, Sarah, and I spent Saturday morning making and bagging 12 meals plus 2 extra bags of spaghetti sauce. I think I only spent $80 for all the groceries plus meat for a BBQ that night. I need to get myself more orgainzed because this is totally the way to go, for sure I will do this next time I have a baby.


Erik and Kelly were great hosts. They even let us have a Twilight movie night even though Kelly would rather clean toilets than watch it. Miriam had tons of fun with her cousins, but I have never met kids who can dodge a camera better than Josh and Ali so there are no photos.

Heres one of Bub and the Tater-tot though,


and one of the cutest baby in the world yawning,


and a few more of "wylie coyote" (thats my nickname for him).


I don't feel baby hungry very often. In fact, I am more prone to baby aversion, but I couldn't get enough of this little guy.


Here they are Big T and little W, destine to be best friends and partners in crime.

I was so enamored with Wyler I hardly noticed the wind was howling, until we went to drive home and realized that snow tires and chains were required in the canyon. So we HAD to stay another day, hold Wyler some more, play with cousins, and put off all my chores at home for one more day.


The End.