Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Costco Discussions


Costco brings out the philosopher in Miriam. We have had more than one shockingly deep conversation while rolling through the isles looking for fresh samples.
For instance, this is what Miriam said a few weeks ago:
"Mom, sometimes I feel like I don't know who I am....like I am watching other people but I forget I am Miriam, and then I remember I am 5 year old Miriam and I have a little brother Bub and you are my mom and I have dad too."

I think I know what she is talking about. I have those moments when I am watching the world as a confused observer, and then I become startled by my own existence. Darin has experienced it as well so it's probably something very common, I just don't remember ever expressing it to anyone. All I could say to Miriam is that I thought I understood what she meant and agree it is a strange feeling.