I wanted to squeeze one more zoo trip in before our pass expired, so I talked Darin into getting off work early and meeting us for dinner and an evening stroll.

We had Cafe Rio by the new carousel and then took our farewell ride for the year {we alternate between Children's Museum passes and Zoo passes}.
Not pictured is Darin riding the peccary...I let him ride while I held Bub since it was his birthday and all.

It was a wonderful evening. It's fun to do the zoo with Darin because he notices funny things the animals are doing and always points out the interesting facts from the info plaques...you just don't stop to read those when it's 2 kids to 1 adult. The BEST PART was that although the zoo was suppose to close at 6:30 pm, it stayed open for a kids art gallery in the monkey house and a jazz performance by some Jr. High jazz band. So we got to stay until 8:30 pm laughing together in the cool evening air.
It seems like yesterday Bub was blowing out his one birthday candle in the Peacock pavilian, but no, it's been a whole year. I can tell when I see pictures like these:

{2008}

{2009}
He is so grown up!
Darin still looks like he is 20 and acts like he is 11.