Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day 2009

Darin, my father-in-law, and I are taking a kayaking class.
Strange right?.... but kind of cool of us too I think.
It wasn't my idea, no cool ideas ever are, but I am glad I was talked into it (mainly with the promise of 2 hours free babysitting...thank you G'ma C).

I will take pictures as soon as I get over the feeling of being a nerd-face taking pictures in class. Well, the nerd-face thing AND after I get my cool new rash guard shirt. The kayak skirt kind of acts like a corset, and although I am no Dolly P, I feel a bit uncomfortable.

So because of the class we were up north for the big Utah 24th.


We visited the famous Blue Bird Cafe and then attended an American West Heritage Center concert at the tabernacle. This included songs from their Wild West Shakespeare performance of Romeo and Juliet.


SPARKLERS!

Bub didn't enjoy them...


but we did!


The next day a pioneer day miracle occurred. Miss wake up early, never take a nap, and beg to go to bed late fell asleep while watching the food network.

So Sweet