Thursday, February 04, 2010

Birthday Re-cap

The day started around 3:00 am when Miriam could no longer sleep due to anticipation.
She is so much like her Mom.
After back rubs, deep breathing exercises, and visualization ("you are a piece of dandelion fluff") I finally put her in bed with Darin around 5:00 am and went off to do some kick box boot camp (if you can't sleep, you might as well exercise).

7:00 am the party begins.



At Miriam's school, on your birthday, Mom or Dad can come tell the class about you, read your favorite story, and bring a treat. Miriam has a new favorite book every week so we focused on the holiday, bringing treats to match.

Someone once told me they were "sorry" when I mentioned Miriam's birthday was on Groundhogs day....I still don't know what that meant. I think it's a fantastic day to celebrate your birthday. It's not a holiday where anyone travels, but everyone easily remembers when your birthday is. It is one of the most quirky, bizarre holidays out there, and it made for a great joke when Miriam was born "well, she was here, but after seeing her shadow went back in for 6 more weeks of winter"...classic Darin.

Miriam loves serving her class treats, and being the center of attention. Bub cracks everyone up with his class clown ways.



Grandma Rass comes by for a quick visit, bringing a gift both Miriam and I will love forever.

Daddy comes home with a kiss and some flowers for me (tradition) and we all run off to Miriam's end of term student parent teacher meeting. Miriam gets praised by her amazing teacher and leaves feeling like a million bucks.

We meet Uncle Mark and his friend Whitney for some....


Think we are finished?

Not quite yet.....