
I love having babies in the Spring (and luckily we've been able to plan em' that way!).
One thing I didn't plan is having Darin's birthday so close to our son's birthdays. I actually believe this is a gift in and of itself, and will be so fun in the future.
This year though...and three years ago when Bub was born...not such exciting birthdays.
Darin doesn't seem to mind as much as I do, but honestly, neither of us have the energy to plan or do much of anything.

So, although he doesn't want to go out, doesn't want a big gift, doesn't want to make any fuss, I really want him to have a great birthday THIS YEAR because....
because.....he's always been my hero, but the week Soren came home...well, he has just rescued me this time around. There were moments I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to do it
because...I have been reminded how tender and loving he is as a father.
because.....he has been extra patient with the children, especially when my patience has run out.
because....he gave me such a thoughtful and wonderful mothers day gift
because....although he wasn't as excited as I was about having a baby naturally, he was there with me the whole time. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, and it was no cake walk for him either.
because....there is so much on both of our minds at this moment.
Mark my words.