Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bub Turns 5

 Dear Byron,

You delight me.  You always have. I laughed my way through your delivery, was laughing the very moment you were born, and even today when I should have reprimanded you for "Going Dino" on me, I laughed instead!  At the tender age of 4.9, you don't always like me to laugh because sometimes you are dead serious when you say things like "Mom, you don't know this, but I mostly stay awake all night because I am nocturnal".  Or when you were explaining your powers and defenses, ("Going Dino", lizard skills, control of the wind to name a few) the wind blew and you said "Feel that? I did it", I can't help but laugh and you furrow your brow at me.  There are other times though, when you try to make me laugh and you are thrilled when it works. Which it almost always does, because as I stated, you delight me.

When Miriam turned 5 I blogged about where she got her name, so even though it's fairly obvious, I thought I should document why we choose Byron Lawrence for you.  You were named after some of the most important men in our lives.  Grandpa Byron, and Grandpa Art, (whose first name is Lawrence).  Byron Lawrence is a very regal name for a little man, and just like your Grandpa's you are a laid back easy going guy so a nickname seemed appropriate.  Grandpa Lawrence was and is"Art"although some of his sisters call him "Larry", Grandpa Byron was once called "Bub" and since he doesn't use that name too much anymore we thought we would borrow it. In giving you these special names we wanted to honor our fathers, and our Grandfathers (or Great Grandfathers) whom they were named after. It's a long legacy of creative, intelligent, hard working men.

I can already see some of their genetic goodness has been passed down to you.  As I mentioned, your laid back temperament, as well as your calming peaceful nature, your curiosity, and of course great sense of humor.   I hope, as you grow, you will be able to recognize some of their accomplishments and strive to acquire them as well. Here are just a few of them:

Both your Grandfathers (and Great Grandfathers) have a love of music and they share their musical talents with others.

Both Grandpas (and your Dad) have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.  They are not content unless they are learning and growing.

Both Grandpas are adventurous.

Both Grandpas are extremely hard workers.

Both Grandpas are fun loving.  They have cultivated intelligent witty senses of humor.

Both of your Grandpas, and Grandmas love you.  They are a wealth of wisdom and encouragement just waiting for your to ask for it!  As you grow up, I hope you will take advantage of such a wonderful resource in your life.

Your Dad and I, Miriam and Soren love you too!

Happy 5th Birthday, my little man!!

Love,
Mom
And now, a stroll of cuteness through the life of Bub......









Just another similarity between you and your Grandfathers......you are super handsome.