Before Byron turned 5 Darin turned 35.
Most of his celebration revolved around food.
The boys and I picked him up to have lunch at RICE.
The boys were not interested in the sushi but both of the loved the soup. That worked out well for Darin and I, we didn't have to share the good stuff!
I made Moqueca de Peixe and Miriam assisted me in making an eclair cake.
Look how ecstatic Darin looks there with the kids!
Perhaps he is just perplexed from the candle math we threw at him.
We actually kept his birthday pretty casual on purpose this year because we had a trip planned that weekend.
A trip to here:
to hike here:
and see this:
HUGE mega thanks to my sister-in-law Cristin and all my nieces and nephews who watched the kids during a very busy weekend. Also, my sister-in-law Lisa and brother-in-law Craig for the stay at their gorgeous cabin! This was one of those "together moments" we will cherish forever, and we couldn't have done it without help.



