Chocolate croissants and hot chocolate at The Met.
Chocolate croissants were one of Miriam's top memories of the trip.
(Notice the pashmina scarf)
(Notice the pashmina scarf)
Miriam and I did our sightseeing solo a this museum. We are both fans of the book The Mixed-up Files of Basil E. Frankwieler so we were on a mission to see things mentioned in the book. Mission accomplished, AND we saw all the suggested artwork from the artwork book Cristin and Rachel made. We took the above photo for the boys...thought they would like the armor room.
I loved the Met. I would go again and again and again....
I loved the Met. I would go again and again and again....
Walked right through Central Park,
and then to Dylan's Candy Bar.
It was so fun picking out candy to fill buckets for Bub and Soren...the choices were unbelievable. We got them gummie everything...army men, taxis, bugs, you name it and it was probably made into gummie. Fun sour candies, and licorice wheels it was such a fun treat to give because the boys were delighted. Who wouldn't be delighted with a bucket full of candy?
(We bought Darin chocolate at Chelsea Market...a bit more cultured)
(We bought Darin chocolate at Chelsea Market...a bit more cultured)
Our group then broke off into smaller groups, some of the girls wanted to do more shopping, a few went to the Natural History Museum. Miriam and I went back to Central Park for one more treat from the Waffles & Dinges cart. The pedicab drives were parked right by the cart and they sweet talked us into a tour. It was so fun...but a bit guilt inducing to be peddled around while eating a spekuloos covered waffle (Miriam had another ice cream cone, this time spekuloos flavored ice cream with nutella inside the cone). It was especially wince inducing when the guy had to shift down to an easier gear....yikes! He was hilarious, he pointed out all the sights, mansions, TV spots and offered to let us in and out to take pictures but I just wanted to enjoy the ride and people watch.
Such a relaxing way to experience New York.
Such a relaxing way to experience New York.
This is the only picture I took...so although Miriam is doing something funny with her lips it had to go in.
We met up with our group back at the hotel and ran (literally) to make it to Mary Poppins on time. It was enchanting, Miriam especially loved it since she has been a Poppin's fan for so long. After much anguished deliberation, Miriam bought a Marry Poppin's charm bracelete to remember the show.