Our last New York city meal was breakfast at Sarabeth's on Monday morning. It's located right across from Central Park, which put us right by 5th Avenue, which means we were right near FAO Schwartz when they opened their doors. All the employees lined the entrance and clapped as we walked in...talk about a red carpet experience. Then we ran into Tiffany's to take in some sparkle. I texted Darin to joke with him about making some big purchases...then I said that I actually prefer jewelry made by Darin & Co. (he has made me jewelry before...including my engagement and wedding rings).
Then off to pack and get to the airport.
That was stressful, getting that many people anywhere always is, but we made it.
We all had a sweet moment in the Colorado airport taking turns telling our favorite moments from the trip. My favorite part about the whole thing is that it happened! I have been thinking lately about how many of my dreams spoken aloud have come true. It really does speak to the goodness of life and of the people around you...when you say what you want, and work hard, sometimes things just fall into place. I forget this too often. Life is beautiful.
My OTHER favorite part is that both Miriam and I were surrounded by unique, inspiring women. I loved the example we were showing our girls....that life doesn't end when you grow up and become a wife and or mother. We showed them how to be brave, to be yourself, to take a time-out when you need it, to appreciate art, to be patient, to remember our past, to be excited for the future...I could go on.
My OTHER OTHER favorite part of the trip was coming home to Darin and the boys. I had missed them so much! I loved hearing how much fun the boys had spending time with Dad and Grandma and Grandpa. They had just as much fun and adventure as we did, and they were overjoyed with their gifts from the big city.
And guess what?
Darin had been working on some Darin & Co stuff all weekend, so I came home to some shiny!
