Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Spring Break 2013

Monday:  We did chores and homework and Miriam said at least 3x "I haaate Spring Break!".  Then, a neighbor asked us to take care of their chickens for the week so the kids perked up when we went to gather eggs.

Tuesday: Chores but then I took the kids swimming at the rec center, everyone was happy. 
 I was exhausted. Checked on chickens.

Wednesday: Story time at Three Little Monkey's, Bub bought a make it yourself yo-yo with his gift certificate from the Lego competition.  Rode bikes/roller bladed/checked on chickens.

Thursday: Activity Days Spring Party! (checked on chickens) Then the zoo with cousins.




Miriam and Bub went home with them for a cousin sleep over.
Soooooo much fun! Thank you Aunt Cristin.

Friday: Picked up Darin from work early for a sushi date at Rice.
The power went out...luckily we were ordering sushi, we didn't need power.
We gave Soren his first taste of ginger...he gagged. Loved the ice cream.



Drove down to Price, stopping to pick up the kids on our way.

Saturday: Conference and playing in the dirt with cousins.



(Bub and Tatum wanted to pose by the "cat door" which is really the irrigation gate but a stray cat did come through it.

Had a birthday picnic to celebrate Uncle Erik's birthday.

That night was the flashlight hunt at Grandpa Young's house.


Tons of eggs....


a bonfire....


and s'mores!


Thank you Uncle Damon, Aunt Gwen and Grandpa....so much fun!


Sunday: Conference (kind of...) another family lunch, to finish off Erik's birthday cake.

Notable quotes from the weekend:  
Soren: "What the...what the Heeeck!" (he says this too much, we are trying to end it)
Claire: "I didn't come here to watch conference or to clean up, I came here to play"
Dad: "That is the ugliest rock I have ever seen" (inside joke)