Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Week...

The kids are outside flagging down cars to buy homemade suckers to help endangered animals. 
This is 100% all Miriam and her friend T'Anna's idea.


I love when Miriam gets these big ideas, I love that she is spending her time doing good, I love the sweet spirit that feels compassion towards "things that can't speak for themselves". 

But...wow it's exhausting, and that little girl can have a roller coaster of emotions. 
Crying over the animals, anxious about getting the suckers made, about to explode waiting for her friends to arrive, crying about the rain this morning.
Whew-eeee 

Last week we took a family trip to Brigham City for the Sense Of Wonder Day.
So fun, the kids would have held the amphibians and reptiles all day, but we also identified animals by their scat, made rock beavers, learned the life cycle of a frog, talked about water conservation and watched a documentary about ducks.
Then we drove up to Logan and raided G'pa and G'ma Ray's pantry.


For the first time ever, I trusted Miriam with my camera on a school field trip.  
She took some great pictures (as well as whole lot of blurry stuff).
The group shots were taken by their parent volunteer (thanks for going Becky!).




I got out my mom's sewing machine and hemmed 10 curtains, 3 pairs of jeans, made an apron and fixed one dress. It took 3 X the time I estimated it would take because I make so many many mistakes 
BUT I DID IT!! 
Darin helped me hang all the curtains today.  He was my handy-man..bless his guts.
He also gave Miriam a sewing lesson that she is still gushing about.  
He is a good man to have around.