The boys and I took Darin out for birthday sushi, then we ran home to make him peanut butter pie.
We ran out the door to surprise him on his ride home from work. He and a friend have been biking the 18 miles to or from work about 3 times a week for the last month or so.
Darin has this habit of not only purchasing his own birthday gift before his birthday, but also opening and using it. I say every year...go ahead and order it but I am keeping it hidden until your birthday, and it has never worked.
I usually feel like his birthday is a let down because there is nothing to open.
Not this year!
The kids and I surprised him with a t-shirt blanket.
I love the way it turned out and it was so fun to have something heartfelt to give.
(made by Project Repat)
Darin never seems to care about getting older, but I think we both agree that we feel better and healthier at 36 than we did at 30. If this keeps up we will be in our prime at 40!

