Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Seven

On the mother's day card Bub made at school it said that Bub's favorite meal (that I cook) is muffins.
This was news to me, but welcome information (his least favorite meal was "selerie"- you'll have to sound that one out).  So I bought muffin mix and Miriam made them for his birthday breakfast.  She is sweet like that.  I paid one of my former Young Women to make his birthday cupcakes because I think she has talent and I love encouraging talent in youth. Also....Holy awesome cupcakes Batman!


The birthday shirt....Byron picked out the shark and helped me paint.


He woke up to 7 balloons in his room tied to the birthday card from G'ma and G'pa Ray.
We sent him off to school, in his birthday outfit with a bag of Hi-Chews in his backpack to share.

I picked up 3 friends after school (along with Soren and Miriam) and we headed to:


The Natural History Museum
One of Bub's favorite places (I told you we were going to use the dickens out of that pass!)


Last week we went to the museum and took photos of interesting displays.  We had the photos printed and made them into a scavenger hunt. I took the 4 boys while Miriam was on Soren duty...those two snuck off to the gift shop and bought a spider necklace for Bub.  





The weather was fantastic so we gathered at an outside table to give out the scavenger hunt treasure which was:


Crystal candy, bubbles (left overs from Aunt Lisa's meditation class) sticky slingshot bugs, an arrowhead, and a few Hi-Chews. Dinosaurs were not represented but there was one hot glued to the invites so almost all of the museum was included.
We opened gifts and had cupcakes, and watched a National Geographic movie about sharks on the way home.

Bub wanted Little Ceasears Italian crazy bread for dinner.  Happy to oblige! Even went ahead and got a liter of root beer as well...I know, above and beyond I tell ya.





 After more cupcakes this time with ice cream, Darin and Bub spent the evening putting together the K'Nex roller coaster we gave him.  


This birthday is To Be Continued because the other gift we gave him is a day out, all by himself, with Mom and Dad.  Darin took the day off to come to his Kindergarten graduation this Friday so the whole morning/afternoon will be all about him!  He may not know what to do with himself since, as the middle child one sibling or the other is always around, but I felt like it was a perfect gift for our patient middle one.