Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Labor Day 2015- a long long time ago...

I didn't take any pictures this whole weekend.   I am not sure why, I hauled my camera in my purse everywhere we went, I just never took it out. Maybe it's because we are waiting for my new phone to arrive (birthday gift:) that takes good pictures.  I wonder if I am subtly breaking up with my old camera...not calling as often, avoiding eye contact...that type of thing?

Luckily the kids took a few photos:

These were from my cousin Adam and his wife Lisa's baby blessing on Sunday.
Fun people, and amazing Uncle Bruce lasagne.
Baby Jett is adorable...I could hold her for hours, I don't know how Lisa is going to get anything done with those big eyes staring up at her. Lisa will though, get a ton done, because she is a spitfire of energy. 


Spencer joining Apples to Apples with the kids.


The amazing magnetic tower.



On Friday right after school and Miriam's well-child check up we hurried to join the thousands of other people headed out of town to get to Scofield.  This was a work weekend so it was just my parents and us, and I loved it.  I seriously love working with my parents.  We didn't accomplish as much as we should have because of sleeping in (Darin and I) but we did a fair amount.  The kids entertained themselves.  It's amazing and wonderful how much I can contribute now that my kids are older.  Work use to be this very frustrating start.stop.start.game between taking care of their needs and trying to be contributing adult.  Now all the sudden I am a full functioning contributor and it feels nice. My parents were planning on making a trip into Provo for supplies so we drove out together Saturday night and ate at Red Robin.  I have said it before but it bears repeating.  My parents are the hardest working people I know!  I am so grateful for the example they set in my life.  Work is necessary, so make it fun, and when you have put in your 100% effort feel free to relax like crazy! Fun stuff. Good way to live.

Thanks mom and dad!