I love home church.
I love hunkering down with my little family for the weekend.
Saturday I ran 8 miles in the rain...all the way to Byron's soccer game which was played in a drizzle...and then home again. This game was their first loss but I loved it because the boys had to deal with anxious emotions, and they played their little hearts out! Byron's coach can get heated, but he is so kind to the boys when their emotions get the most of them. It's always such a blessing when you get a good volunteer coach. I tell Byron over and over that I don't care who won, I only care how he played, I hope someday he believes me.
The kids watched a group of deer jump our fence, and then continue to jump each of our neighbors fences. When they were telling Darin and I the story, we looked up to see 3 bucks walking through our front yard and up the street. As long as they keep their escapades to the early morning I don't mind having them mill about.
The kids made some kind of hide out fort on the deck, they played in Miriam's room, and Byron created his up-cycled scout project. A fun Hermit crab habitat. Darin supervised that...he is the best.
I made freezer jam with strawberries I found for $.33 a box!!
They had to be used immediately, which is where the jam idea came about.
I love it too much.
After conference Miriam and I got her Halloween costume worked out. That included a trip to Target and Jo-Ann's. She had a late night planned so the boys and I (boys includes Darin) had ice cream with fresh strawberry sauce and watched some Wild Kratts. The boys are going to be the Kratt brothers for Halloween so it was kind of character research.
Sunday we had German pancakes with...wait for it....strawberry jam! And Darin's famous fried eggs.
Darin and I did couples yoga...that sounds strange, but it really is so great. I believe he is confident enough with his manhood for me to mention that. Yoga makes my life better. Period. It's for everyone.
Then Conference.
For a big portion of the first session Darin and just snuggled on the couch. There may or may not have been some drifting off to sleep in there. Pretty darn heavenly.
I decided to try out my selfie skills. I am not very good, and also I did not do my hair or put on make-up all day. This is me in the raw. Kind of hard to post these without smoothing out my wrinkles but I am trying hard to be at peace with reality.
Then the kids came over.
Then we started paying attention to conference again...
We took a family bike ride to "puke park" after lunch.
I am always proud of the kids for their tough bike riding skills. They complain, and cry, getting up the hill to our home, but they make it up on their own little leg power.
(obviously we didn't do anyone else's hair either)
So fun.
All of us climbed to the top of the web. I didn't dare take my fingers off the rope to take a family picture. It is high!
We rode home (up the hill) and finished conference.
Darin earned his dad of the decade award by helping Miriam with her math homework.
Do all kids have to learn the hard way that procrastination causes pain and anguish? They got it under control and I hope M does well on her test today.
We had peanut butter and STRAWBERRY jam sandwiches, apples, and strawberry banana smoothies for dinner. See?! I love that jam TOO much...it's going to be a problem.










