Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Bear Lake - Day 2


We were awake by 7:00 am on Tuesday...thats what happens when everyone is in the same room.  Silver Lining...we got to the beach early enough to get a primo spot with lots of clean soft sand to play in up next to the water.  Not many photos of our beach day because when there is only one adult, there isn't much time to dry hands, and grab the phone! We rented a Sea-Doo...but I was the only one who could drive so there were constant back and forth rides (Byron and Soren's favorite part of the day), then we took turns paddle boarding for 2 hours.  We were there from 8 am till 3 pm, by the end the beach was getting really crowded with boats parked here and there....paddle boards, floaties,  sea-doos, and kayaks all over the place, we were done.  Well, I should say Miriam and I were done, the boys could have stayed longer, but we were all slightly sun toasted by that point and needed to get out of the heat.




Here we are showered and ready for "linner".  Those boys laughed and laughed and laughed in that tiny cabin! Miriam and I may have felt a bit overrun but I want to remember forever how much fun they had.


We grabbed burgers at LeBeu's and then drove up to North Beach for some exploration.  We had planned on hiking Bloomington Lake, but the rain the day before mixed up all our plans and we couldn't quite fit it in.


More exploration time for the boys. Shells, rocks, bugs, birds... nature enthusiast heaven.


More quite contemplation time for M and I. Two things on my LOVE LIST; sand and the sound of waves.  If my toes or my hands are in soft silky sand it's like this relaxation drug spreads over my brain...then you add the sound of waves and I just don't think anything illegal could be better at soothing me.


Famous Raspberry Shakes for our late dinner on our way back to our cabin that night.



So good, so big!