Thursday, September 07, 2017

Labor Day

My birthday flowers are blooming!
I love seeing them along the highway or popping up in abandoned parking lots. Makes my family taxi services much more fun.



(these I found on a morning hike up in the hills)

We were in Scofield for Labor Day. We were suppose to gather wood, but Jared had already brought the logs to the cabin and had most of the chopping and stacking finished before we arrived. So we chopped and stacked the rest. Darin, Miriam and I helped my mom wash the cabin windows. Then we roasted our dinner.






Darin, Julia and I took the kids canoeing.






Then we went back for more projects, 4-wheeling, and going to see a dead badger. My mom made a delicious dutch oven BBQ rib dinner to end the day with.
We left that evening, the boys were so sad...Soren cried for awhile about "all the things that just happened that ended".   I don't think we will be traveling much during this season in our lives. It's a stressful time of life, and leaving home, as fun as it is, is too heavy a burden at the moment.
 I am so glad the kids got on the lake this year.  Wyler especially loved it, it was fun to make a cousin memory.

I went on a solo jaunt up in the hills Monday morning. It was so therapeutic.  It's too hot for September and muggy/smokey but the hills are still gorgeous.



I am trying to get up there at least once during the week.  I know all about how important self care is, it just takes so much effort and planning to fit in being kind to yourself!