Life is hard.
It's so hard, and so painful, and pretty exhausting....but then a a few moments later it can be wonderful or peaceful or fun. I am learning to ride the waves and try not to worry about what is beginning or what is ending. Still learning. And sometimes when riding the wave is too much, I just take the old Young Family coping strategy and I just turn off my brain and do the next thing that needs to be done. As I write this Soren is coughing his little chest out, I may not be sleeping much tonight....This may be the sick kiddo/no sleep wave but it will end.
Now that school is back on I work every day, some full, some half, except for Mondays...my day off. Guess who LOVES Mondays now?! I send off my troops to face the world with a smile. I soooo treasure having the house and my brain to myself till 3:25.
We are getting up earlier than ever this year. Miriam gets up about 5:30 every day. A few days a month she needs to for ballroom, but the other days she just gets going that early. I wish she would sleep in, but what can you do? This means however that I get up at 5:30 as well. Miriam practices, eats, gets ready and then gets a ride to school with Darin (#bestthingever)
Then we have 1 1/2 hours for the boys to eat, get Bugsy fed/cleaned, do their practicing and get off on their bikes or scooters by 8:20. Thats my time to get ready as well. Every single morning is a rush for me to get off in time. But we all get where we need to be on time....somehow.
A few morning photos....
It's so hard, and so painful, and pretty exhausting....but then a a few moments later it can be wonderful or peaceful or fun. I am learning to ride the waves and try not to worry about what is beginning or what is ending. Still learning. And sometimes when riding the wave is too much, I just take the old Young Family coping strategy and I just turn off my brain and do the next thing that needs to be done. As I write this Soren is coughing his little chest out, I may not be sleeping much tonight....This may be the sick kiddo/no sleep wave but it will end.
Now that school is back on I work every day, some full, some half, except for Mondays...my day off. Guess who LOVES Mondays now?! I send off my troops to face the world with a smile. I soooo treasure having the house and my brain to myself till 3:25.
We are getting up earlier than ever this year. Miriam gets up about 5:30 every day. A few days a month she needs to for ballroom, but the other days she just gets going that early. I wish she would sleep in, but what can you do? This means however that I get up at 5:30 as well. Miriam practices, eats, gets ready and then gets a ride to school with Darin (#bestthingever)
Then we have 1 1/2 hours for the boys to eat, get Bugsy fed/cleaned, do their practicing and get off on their bikes or scooters by 8:20. Thats my time to get ready as well. Every single morning is a rush for me to get off in time. But we all get where we need to be on time....somehow.
A few morning photos....
2 Monday fall hikes since school started. Joanne and I found another car further up on the car hike!
Then the swing hike the next Monday but Stacie, Becky and I were fast, furious and talking a mile a minute on that one, no photo.
I decided I need to give the boys a little more attention so I have instituted "random Monday lunch dates". Soren was the first and he was so over the moon excited! And after seeing this photo I have decided I really need new sunglasses.




