The boys and I were done with school/work at 3:25, ran to get Miriam by 4:00. Home by 4:15...started the annual mummy dog and veggie dinner. The boys wanted to be out Trick-or-treating by 6:00, Miriam needed to be at a party 15 min away by 6:15. We were still assembling costume supplies, searching for saftey pins, lighting pumpkins and getting the hidden candy out of the basement.
Thats when a panic text went to Darin "If it's okay can you come home early?"
And bless him...he did. Darin took over lighting the proton packs so he and the boys were out ringing doorbells close to 6 and I got Miriam to her Halloween party just a few min late.
The boys LOVED their costumes. Spontaneous singing occurred as they walked around. They blasted all the ghosts they came across. They came home with over 4 lbs. of candy each (I know because we weight it...buy it from them by the lb so we can eat what we want, and then send a piece in their lunch everyday till it's gone). Solid Halloween.
Miriam had the best time at her party...I am glad she has made some friends at her new school, and was brave about going to the pary. So happy she had a good Halloween.
The trees are almost bare, there are deer jumping fences between us and our neighbors and, on my jaunt up into the hills this morning I was startled by WILD TURKEYS. We scared the heebeegeebees out of each other, I screamed and they took off running.
All signs that Thanksgiving is just around the corner!



