Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November

We have been recording our daily gratitude in individual notebooks and sharing them with each other since October....we started a bit early because our family could use a heavy dose of gratitude.
So here is ANOTHER November gratitude practice..... family blog style....
A double dose of gratitude is always good.

Every once and awhile good weather and an unscheduled hour collide and I get to rush up to the hills.  This was my fun fall hike where I ran into wild turkeys.



Miriam was invited to a breakfast birthday party at Kneaders...so grateful she is making friends at her school.  Since I was driving her 15 min away early Friday morning I took the opportunity to introduced the boys to cinnamon french toast.
They hare now huge fans. Grateful for sweet breakfast foods.


The Grays had their annual pie party right at the hight of leaf falling season, which is perfect because the kids entertain themselves by jumping from their ginormous tree into a huge pile of leaves.
I am grateful Miriam made this pie for us to share (under Darin's supervision). Grateful for long time friends who knew us waaay back when, and for all the deliciousness we enjoyed that evening.


It snowed!! Just the tiniest bit but the boys caught those first flakes of snow...I am grateful for their enthusiasm...they make life so fun. Another thing I am grateful for is Byron's enthusiasm for whatever he is into at the moment.  Ever since going to Grandpa's car show last summer it's been cars.  He and Soren have memorized all the makes of cars and will shout out everyone they see. So imagine driving around to this "Honda! Ford! Toyota! Honda! Honda! Dodge! Scion Cube, are you kidding....I love those things!!" Admittedly it gets old, but I also love those dudes  so I have a high tolerance for their games.


Grateful for Miriam's first ballroom competition of the year.  She had nice dance partners and enjoyed herself immensely.




We all enjoyed watching her dance....it's just that the boys enjoyment has an expiration time.  Luckily we had cousins who came to watch, we had a fun lunch out for Pho, and we all got to hang out with those wonderful cousins for an hour or two afterwards.