Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

 Grateful for my mom who gathers us all together. No matter how many of us there are, she will work hard to accommodate everyone.  Grateful for my dad who makes sure everyone is comfortable and having a good time.  I am getting to an age where my friends are losing their home base, and losing those people in their lives who organized the gatherings....this makes me stop at take stock of how lucky we are right in this moment. 


I love my parents unique Danish dishes and the feelings that arise when a table is set with them.  Those sturdy blue goblets mean a family holiday meal is about to take place. We have had so many of them throughout the years. 


I love seeing my siblings as couples and parents.  We are all doing the best we know how. Lots of wisdom, kindness, and love through the struggles we each face. I don't know why in the world I thought our family was above trials but somehow I am surprised every time something challenging is thrown our way.


Grateful for transportation and technology that brings Mark and Esme to us. Having a brother live so far away is exotic and exciting, but it wouldn't be any fun at all if we didn't have the ability to see him once and awhile.


Grateful for my mom, sisters, and sister-in-law who provide such delicious food! 
Together we always have an amazing spread.


I am grateful the cousins got time to play together and make memories.
Grateful I experienced a free range childhood with plenty of time in the "Honda Hills" riding my bike, or our 4 wheelers.  I took the boys on the "whoop dee doos" and even let Bub drive the big 4 wheeler.  He was in heaven!




I guess this year in particular it has hit me how fast things can change in life.  Our family has changed so much in just the last few years, it's kind of amazing to stop and take stock of it all.  It makes me want to soak up just how everything is right now.