I cut all the male hair in this house (well, Darin does 95% of his own I just do clean up). It's always ALWAYS a daunting task but I do love the sound of snipping hair, and I love pretending I know what I am doing - like I actually went to cosmetology school or something. We had to sneak in a Christmas haircut early in the month to get ready for all the celebrations.
Soren has THICK hair that grows so fast. Byron has Rasmussen hair, and it would be so gorgeous all grown out long....but he is not the pony tail or man-bun type.
The kids started making coffee filter snowflakes and Soren took it to the next level. He cuts and cuts and cuts. It is adorable.
The boys sang the Christmas songs they have been working on in their school music classes. It was so cute, the kids all sang facing the middle of the gym so they could sing to each other. Now they are frantically trying to get their Holiday piano songs memorized for the recital next week.
The boys sang the Christmas songs they have been working on in their school music classes. It was so cute, the kids all sang facing the middle of the gym so they could sing to each other. Now they are frantically trying to get their Holiday piano songs memorized for the recital next week.
New advents this year to make each day more fun. Grown-up chocolate for the oldest 3 of us, legos and milk chocolate for the youngest 2. Way to go Trader Joe!!
So excited for the new Star Wars movie. Miriam is going with her school on Friday (yes her whole school is being bused over!) Byron is going with a friend on Saturday. I am sure the rest of us will get to the theatre over the break.
So excited for the new Star Wars movie. Miriam is going with her school on Friday (yes her whole school is being bused over!) Byron is going with a friend on Saturday. I am sure the rest of us will get to the theatre over the break.
Miriam has started knitting again, we love how she keeps tension on the line. I wonder if this is how Aunt Lisa does it?
Ballroom Holiday Ball
Miriam had a ball.
They do a fun group dance competition at each event, the winter ball is Charleston and from what I understand it will be Disco in the Spring. Miriam and Viv were adorable flapper girls! They danced so cute!
The boys and I were on the run all afternoon so we missed all of Miriam's dances except for the Charleston which was the very last competition.
The boys entertained themselves by taking selfies...
The day wasn't all parties and dancing. Darin's Aunt Ruth passed away earlier in the week, the funeral was on the same day as the Holiday Ball. We loved getting to have Grandma and Grandpa stay with us overnight, and it was so fun to see family but we will miss Aunt Ruth's energy and fun. We didn't get to see her much, but she always left a big impression. Everyone was at least glad that she was at peace and was surrounded by her children at her passing.









