Sunday, December 03, 2017

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

 It's December 3rd and Christmas is in full swing.  
(except...where is our snow?!)
Since we spent most of Thanksgiving vacation around home we were ready to start by day 1. We are decorated inside and out, Christmas music is paying every evening, new ornaments have been purchased, advents are up, 80% of Christmas gifts are purchased, and a few social events have already been attended.

Such as....
Darin's work's Christmas party.  Darin works with such fun and interesting people, it's fun to get to know them.  The dinner was great, but the best part was hearing all the nice things Darin's boss said about him.  Darin hates when I gush but I just can't help being proud of him. To work for a company that you truly believe in and are inspired by it's purpose is a gift, and not something I take for granted.


We are trying to keep up with #lighttheword daily acts of kindness. We've had to re-arrange some things to match up with our schedule but we are doing our best!

The kids and I met Cristin and Anna at Festival of Trees.
This was a special Christmas request by Miriam.  We use to go all the time when she was little and we could go during the day to avoid crowds.  She has such good memories of the trees, the music, and the treats. 


I could take a zillion photos but I tried to restrain myself.