Friday, March 13, 2020

Seussical the Musical jr.


Months and months of early morning and Friday afternoon practice came down to one epic performance.  Covid-19 is ruining our March, but on the bright side Darin and I got to see one performance and Soren was SO GOOD! He is heart meltingly good! 
After the director and principal gave the news that Governor Herbert + the superintendent decided to immediately cancel all school gatherings over 100 people, and all field trips Soren cried for over a hour. Everything Soren enjoys about school has been cancelled but the part that he struggles to get through every-single-day is still going strong.  I say cancel everything if you are going to cancel the good parts, but that comes from the privilege of being able to be home with my kids and not worry about feeding them.  Sigh....if I didn't work at the school I would seriously pull them out for the next 2 weeks and run to Carbon/Emery County to hike, bike, and be away from people!

2 bright spots in the sadness:

1. My parents came up anyway and had dinner with us which distracted Soren and made him feel important and special

2. One of his classmates who was also devastated held and impromptu "Corona Virus Party" so Soren got to commiserate with some friends and make pretzels.  


































We were told the play would be rescheduled for April...we are crossing our fingers.