Sunday, March 01, 2020

Treasures Found

I am more of a doer than a researcher.  This has pros and cons, but one pro is when I just stumble upon fun experiences or unexpected delights!

This hike was an unexpected delight.  I ran up to the hills because I didn't feel like working out, but I knew my body needed to move...so I just walked out the door without a plan.


As a walked a plan began to form.  I started looking for a sunset dinner spot to bring my family to.

That led to seeing this flag way up on top of the hill.  The trail I was on didn't look like it would go there, but I kept plugging along and by darn I made it!


I had to hustle down because the sun was setting quickly, but I kept running into beautiful things!

So many deer, an eagle, the view....



I put on my headphones to help me hustle down home and the last delight of all was when "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty came on.  
One of those experiences where I am grateful I get to be alive no matter what life throws my way.