Thank you Thank you Thank You for all the cards, emails, and birthday blogs! I have never received so many birthday wishes and it's all due to the blogging world! Here is a little sampling of my birthday wishes/gifts.
That's right, there is an ipod in there! Yea! I don't have to carry my "ghetto blaster" from room to room while listening to audio books anymore. Now I just need to know all the best online book places so I can go on a downloading rampage. The cute cards are from Jill, Hannah, my Mother & Father in-law, Heidi, and Taraje. The ecards and blog wishes were a happy surprise too (Kristi-thank you for the pretend E party, Cristin, Sarah, Julia & Lara thank you!). My sister-in-law Lisa (the blogging worlds newest member, how lucky are we?!) treated us to dinner in honor of my birthday. My good friend Fiona took me to breakfast at the Market Street Grill (so good) and made me a bracelet. It was a birthday celebration spread over a few days which was nice. I have to say the best gift I received was the slave labor from my father-in-law who came to help us paint, and my mom who watched Miriam all day (not to mention bought me tons of painting supplies).


This was a rather hectic, tiring birthday, but I can't complain because so much work was done. I feel such a sense of relief. We still need to do some clean-up work, paint doors, closets and the kitchen but I feel like I can handle it now.
Here is a blurry picture of the colors we choose. Georgian Blue for the living room and downstairs bathroom, Ripe Riesling for the kitchen, Sea Bean for the halls, our room, and the upstairs bathroom the whole house has white trim and white ceilings. It was difficult to decide on colors. I was leaning toward brown or tan neutral colors, but Darin wanted more color...more color without going into reds or purples. I wanted to stay away from yellows, so here we are green and blue with a grayish neutral. I think we found "us" in our color selection, the challenge will now be to decorate in our style...which is something like; contemporary, lived-in, a bit modern, not too expensive, a bit of the East Coast, some pottery barn, kind of Scandinavian, children friendly look. It will be a challenge for sure.
Miriam's room is a brighter green called Spring Green. When she saw her room, Grandpa asked how she liked it and she looked at him and said "I like pink" so, she is not too impressed. I promised her a pink bed to make up for it.

This is what our TV screen looks like these days. The TV crashed to the ground yesterday and we have been seeing rainbows ever since. The volume and channel controls are also out of whack. I have been thinking of not replacing it. We can watch movies on our computer, and all the news we could want or need is on the internet. We are going to go a few weeks without it and see how things go.
That's right, there is an ipod in there! Yea! I don't have to carry my "ghetto blaster" from room to room while listening to audio books anymore. Now I just need to know all the best online book places so I can go on a downloading rampage. The cute cards are from Jill, Hannah, my Mother & Father in-law, Heidi, and Taraje. The ecards and blog wishes were a happy surprise too (Kristi-thank you for the pretend E party, Cristin, Sarah, Julia & Lara thank you!). My sister-in-law Lisa (the blogging worlds newest member, how lucky are we?!) treated us to dinner in honor of my birthday. My good friend Fiona took me to breakfast at the Market Street Grill (so good) and made me a bracelet. It was a birthday celebration spread over a few days which was nice. I have to say the best gift I received was the slave labor from my father-in-law who came to help us paint, and my mom who watched Miriam all day (not to mention bought me tons of painting supplies).

This was a rather hectic, tiring birthday, but I can't complain because so much work was done. I feel such a sense of relief. We still need to do some clean-up work, paint doors, closets and the kitchen but I feel like I can handle it now.
Here is a blurry picture of the colors we choose. Georgian Blue for the living room and downstairs bathroom, Ripe Riesling for the kitchen, Sea Bean for the halls, our room, and the upstairs bathroom the whole house has white trim and white ceilings. It was difficult to decide on colors. I was leaning toward brown or tan neutral colors, but Darin wanted more color...more color without going into reds or purples. I wanted to stay away from yellows, so here we are green and blue with a grayish neutral. I think we found "us" in our color selection, the challenge will now be to decorate in our style...which is something like; contemporary, lived-in, a bit modern, not too expensive, a bit of the East Coast, some pottery barn, kind of Scandinavian, children friendly look. It will be a challenge for sure.Miriam's room is a brighter green called Spring Green. When she saw her room, Grandpa asked how she liked it and she looked at him and said "I like pink" so, she is not too impressed. I promised her a pink bed to make up for it.

This is what our TV screen looks like these days. The TV crashed to the ground yesterday and we have been seeing rainbows ever since. The volume and channel controls are also out of whack. I have been thinking of not replacing it. We can watch movies on our computer, and all the news we could want or need is on the internet. We are going to go a few weeks without it and see how things go.