
Whew-ee, we are so tired. I am so glad we have today (Sunday) to recoup. My parents came up this weekend to help us texturize and prime our walls. My parents are so amazing. They worked so hard for 1 & 1/2 days and quit only when Darin and I called it quits. Our walls look so great, which is miraculous considering the shape they were in before. My dad owns a paint store so they know what they are doing, and I have to add that Porter paint is awesome. I think its more expensive than a lot of brands, it's the kind that contractors use, but I love it. I have noticed my neighbor can get 3 rooms painted in a day, but I don't think she paints the way my mom paints. My mom is a perfectionist which means you completely wash walls, lightly sand, have the floors vacuumed and cleaned, tape off everything will NICE tape, clean as you go, remove tape as you paint, and clean off brushes. I guess if you are going to use nice paint you might as well do it right. Darin and I have a lot more to do. We still need to prime the upstairs and then the actual color needs to get on the walls (we are hoping Darin's dad will come down for this one, we understand he is a paint master himself). It's so nice to be getting this project done, we just need to keep the momentum up. I have to say it one more time: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to my parents. I couldn't ask for more supportive and wonderful parents.
Has anyone else been tackling home improvements this summer??