My amazing, hardworking, thoughtful parents were up again this weekend helping us with home repairs. I just can't say how much I love and appreciate my parents, I don't feel there is anyway to help them the way they have helped me, and all my siblings. This weekend, my mom and I painted trim while Darin and my dad put in light switch and outlet covers (the new flat ones), and crown molding in Miriam's room. I had decided to take pictures of the crown molding after M's room was completely finished but then read Michelle's blog about life documentation (advice from Jill) and wanted to add pictures. But, now M is asleep in her room, so no pictures. I will do a picture blog later. Also this weekend Darin has: fixed our leaky toilet, fixed our screen door (it rolls like butter), and put up more light switches after my parents left. I let him have a very long nap today.After the work was done (not the painting...that will never end I am afraid), Grandma and Grandpa had a surprise for Miriam. They took her to Build-A-Bear!! Miriam and I always do a walk through when we are at the mall. Miriam has been so good to be patient and not throw a fit when I tell her "someday" and we walk out empty handed. Sometime inbetween all these visits to the mall and Build-A-Bear, Miriam came to the conclusion that you can't get a bear unless your Grandparents take you to make one (probably because of all the times we just looked). So I came up with a plan, someday, when we have baby #2 (this is not an announcement) I would have my mom and dad take her to build-a-bear while I was in the hospital. I told Miriam the plan (because she is all about babies because of new baby Claire), and she insisted that we email Grandma and Grandpa right away. Well, my dad decided that we are not waiting around for a new baby and they took her last weekend. She was so excited and I am SO MAD I forgot to bring our camera!! She went right to the Sleeping Beauty costume, and then almost picked the ugliest bright pink bear in the shop, but we directed her to a soft normal bear. She was on a bear high the rest of the night and has slept with "Sleeping Beauty Bear" ever since. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for an exciting evening.
This apology cake was left on our doorstep a few nights ago. The note said something like "I am sorry I was so mean to you, I don't know what came over me. You can sit with us again". For the first few seconds of reading the note my brain went crazy "did someone hurt my feelings? Am I offended? Where was I last night?" until I realized this cake was not for me but for someone named Elise. It's now obvious that it was made by a little girl and left at the wrong house. I feel so bad that the apology will never reach who it was intended for because I don't know anyone in my neighborhood or church with the name Elise. Very sad.
This is the dress my mom found and gave to me. It was a dress she made for me when I was Miriam's age. It is such a cute feminine dress, and I have to say the little girl in it is adorable too. I can't believe we got a picture of Miriam smiling normal Hooray!! Miriam and I both received some good mail last week! It's getting too late to blog about it so I will do it later this week.