Sunday, October 22, 2006

Trying to Keep Up!


Madison's Baptism was wonderful. She really is a sweet girl. With the Grandpa/Madison duet, all the eager little kids, then the actual baptism, the spirit couldn't help but be there in abundance. My mom made such a cute baptism dress (not the one pictured...that is her Sunday dress) and I made a baptism book which had pictures of each family and their testimony (thanks for the idea Cristin and Lisa). I had grand ideas of taking pictures of the book to blog it, but since I was finishing it up the day of the baptism that didn't happen. I have to say, thanks to Heidi Swapp's Costco scrap stuff it turned out VERY cute.


Here we are at Witches Night Out! The kind stranger who took this photo for us didn't zoom in so it's hard to see everyone...BUT beggars can't be choosers right?? When my mom gave her witch cackle it scared Miriam so bad it took her a good half hour to finally warm back up to her!


The little witch costume Miriam has on was - you guessed it - made by my mom for my sister Sarah when she was little, I have a matching one in a larger size. The pictures don't do it justice because there is all the fringe around the cape and dress...it's so cute. It was so fun to see people all dressed up. We saw Malificent, the Evil Snow White Queen, the Ice Queen from Narnia, Glenda, and lots of over the top witches.

So, now that we have done Witches Night Out I think I have a better game plan for next year (if we do it). Bring the little girls around 4:30 to do the petting zoo, take pictures, see the witches, and have dinner when there aren't any lines. Send the little girls home with dads. Go to the stores between 6 and 7 before it's too crowded and while most people are waiting in line for dinner. Get a good space for the Witches parade at 7:30 (starts at 8) and just dance to the music until it starts. I was REALLY surprised at how many men and women with strollers there were, since this is advertised as a Ladies Night Out type of thing. I thought it was a stretch bringing Miriam and only did it because Julia wanted her to come. Most of the men didn't dress up and didn't look at all like they were having a good time (pushing baby strollers which aren't allowed into the stores). I think the men should just stay home...unless they plan to dress up to the nines and definitely leave the baby strollers home...strap on the baby born in the very least. Okay, enough with the opinionated negitivity. It was a fun evening if for no other reason than it got us all to dress up like Witches and hang out!