
Miriam is in this strange sleep limbo stage. She would nap for 3 hours if I let her, but then would stay awake till 11 pm. If I have her nap for just 1 hour she is still awake until 10 pm (mostly playing in her crib from 9-10 but sometimes she gets out and we have to put her back in multiple times). If she gets no nap she falls asleep at 7:30 pm and awakes at 5:00 am. So, we have opted for the 1 hour nap, with a bedtime struggle from 8:30 -10 pm. Tonight was worse than usual. I don't know if it's Halloween or what but she was screaming about a monster in her crib. Darin went in and couldn't get her to settle down so then I went in. She was completely convinced that a monster was going to "eat her and then kill her" (sad words for a 2 year old huh?). She wouldn't believe me when I said there were no monters besides Elmo. She wouldn't believe me when I said Darin locks the doors and doesn't let in people we don't want. So in desperation I told her "sleeping fairies" came in every night, to sleep with her and protect her. Some snuggle into her silky hair and some sleep under her blanket but they come and stay until the sun comes up. She believes me! Or at least it calmed her down. I guess if you believe so strongly in monsters, its not a stretch to believe in fairies.

This is Miriam's latest obsession, using scissors. Everyday I have mutiple piles like the one shown above to clean up. For the last 3 mornings she wakes up and says "Mom, I want to cut!". She also started scribbling rather than coloring all the sudden. I know scribbling is normal for her age, but she use to color and now she just runs the crayons over the page a few times. She use to be pretty meticulous about her coloring and then we bought a huge set of the Crayola Color Wonder markers for church (which she loves). I am wondering now if they we not such a good idea because the coloring books don't let you color outside of the lines. This could be a stretch, but I wonder if she expects that now, and since she can't do it with crayons doesn't even try? Perhaps that is a lame thing to be worrying about? I guess one of two things needs to happen. Either Miriam needs a Child Psychiatrist (I know a good one actually! My friend Heidi) or I need to get out of the house more without Miriam in tow.
Darin and I have been watching Ugly Betty on the computer. I have to say that is the best way to watch TV. Only like 3 tiny commercials, so the shows are about 40 min and you can stop and start them, watch them whenever without paying for TiVo. I only wish Gilmore Girls was online...then I wouldn't miss our TV at all, well, Gilmore Girls and Good things Utah. Anyway, I cry every single episode! It's a comedy, but for some reason I can't make the disconnect from TVland to reality and I feel every emotion she feels. It's so painful, and yet I love it. I love this new actress American Ferrera.Last week (or maybe the week before). I received 2 items of great mail that I have been meaning to blog about. I have been waiting to take pictures, but it's just not going to happen this week. I WON these darling earrings from Charmed Design. They are so cute, I haven't worn earrings for months and I have already worn these 3 times. Kristi sent me some great country music CD's for my birthday which I just love! Kristi was surprised to find out I liked country music, but that makes me laugh because I grew up in a town that only received like 3 FM radio stations clearly and 2 of them were country. So I was raised on country, classic rock (from my dad), and a whole lot of Def Lepard from my neighbors (The Lowe's for all you family members). My very first experience with music other than those 3 genres was when Kristi left her Duran Duran tape at our house. I listened to it every day for a whole summer and can still sing "Hungry Like the Wolf". So, Kristi has always been introducing me to new things, Esprit clothing, scrapbooking and now blogging.