Friday, December 01, 2006

It's Time to let the world know.....

I told Darin with a cheesecake from Costco (a few months ago). We are either 15 weeks with a huge baby, or 17 weeks along...hopefully my next appointment will determine which. We are all so excited. Due either 10th or 17th of May.
We had wanted to tell everyone on Christmas. Miriam started telling people about "the baby in Mom's tummy" since a week after conception. All of the other Mom's at Joy school were pregnant or just had a baby so of course we were having one too. That made for some awkward moments with visiting teachers, home teachers, various friends and family members. I started using the phrase "we are not announcing anything", which seemed better than outright denying it. I slipped up when Cristin was visiting, and then, around early November Darin said I was looking pregnant. Looking at me now, there is no way we would have been able to make it to Christmas without it being so blatantly obvious. I think this is common, but with Miriam I didn't show until I was well into 6 months...I am totally showing now. I had to scramble to find my maternity clothes. I had been alternating between one pair of pants, and two track suits for a few weeks (My mom forced me to go to Motherhood over Thanksgiving and bought me a sweater to wear...she said no more track suits. Mom, you will be overjoyed to know, I found my maternity clothes last night).



Miriam says the cutest things about her new baby sister, yes she has determined it is a girl. I told her it may be a boy and she said "but mom we already talked about this, we talked about what the baby could be for Halloween!" (Glenda). She said she would sing "lullaby and goodnight" when the baby cried unless the baby was screaming and then she would say "where's the binkie?". One day when discussing names we told her we could name the baby Margaret and call her "Maggie". Miriam said: "Oh yes I love Maggie!! And if it's a boy we could call it the Ferocious Beast!" (Children's book pictured above). Although, right now she says that Jesus is the perfect name for a baby boy, and Briar Rose would be good for a girl.