Thursday, March 08, 2007

A New Blogger in Town

One of the most laid back, refreshingly honest, intelligent, hilarious women I know started a blog! This is my hometown buddy Nanci. I was so lucky to have great friends through Jr. High and High school. People make fun of the small town we were raised in (and school we attended) but I wouldn't have it any other way. I realize looking back that my good experience is mostly due to the wonderful people I was surrounded by. You big city snobs out there (not that everyone from a big city is a snob, but I have heard "ewe how was it to grow up there?" said with distaste more than I would care to) will never know how great it is to be raised in a smallish town. Yes, it does take more creativity to have fun but when that creativity gets flowing, water soaked tampons fly, power is turned off at eating establishments just to hear the screams, and illegal fireworks are let off with gusto....and we were the "good LDS kids".
Nanci was a beautiful person back then, but she is one of those people who really blossomed after high school, and she just keeps getting better and better. With every pregnancy (3 kids) she gets more beautiful, more wise, more patient. In pure Nanci fashion she will say this isn't true but I call it how I see it. How inspirational is that? There is just something special about having people know you through those acutane, teen romance/drama years who remain your friends today.