
Miriam and I had a great time with my parents this weekend. We all threw away lots of junk (the purpose of my trip was to clean out a back room that held all our high school stuff), had some great sister/mother discussions, and enjoyed each others company. Grandma gave Miriam her very first ever hair cut. I didn't save any hair because she is three not 3 months, but I did take pictures of the occasion. We only took off like an inch and a half.


I finally got together with my best friend from High school this trip. As requested by a few other high school friends here are pictures of Mary, her sister Alison and their kiddos. Mary is as funny and cute as ever, her girls are darling...can you believe that curly hair?! We need to get together more often.

Curses to McDonalds!! Evil marketing geniuses. They are giving out Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls in Happy Meals (Bevan....that email you sent was the death of me, I couldn't rest until Miriam had one). I, of course want them all for Miriam...I want 2 sets one she can play with and one to keep forever. I have been coveting the real Madame Alexander Wiz of O dolls ever since Miriam fell in love with Dorothy. Here is my theory on what happened. I think Happy Meal sales were slipping because mothers don't want their kids eating hormone infested, mass produced beef and chicken, trans fat laden artery destroying french fries, and type 2 diabetes creating pop so MD decided to target the mothers with a toy they can not resist. I know, I know, you can choose milk and apples with caramel sauce or like carrots. Miriam will take chocolate milk but there is no way she is going to eat apples when she is surrounded by people eating french fries. She knows the whole purpose of fast food is the french fry. I am trying to resist going to collect them all, but they really are just as cute as they look. If anyone just happens to love Happy Meals but not care for the toys feel free to send them my way.